Speaking out in 2017
The Legal Genealogist is quite certain that it will come as a great surprise to everyone out there.
You would never ever have guessed that … well … I like to talk about genealogy.
I know, I know. Such a shocking revelation.1
Can’t help it — with my most of my family tending to roll their eyes when I even say the word genealogy, I have to have an outlet someplace. And I got hooked on having people laugh at my jokes during all those years of teaching law students.2
Fortunately, if there’s one thing I’ve learned in my years as a genealogist, it’s that genealogists like to listen — and learn — and share stories.
And I’m privileged to have been chosen to speak to — and learn from — and share stories with some excellent genealogists coming up throughout 2017.
So if you’re of a mind to come out and listen — and learn — and share with me your stories, too, here are some options: conferences, seminars and lectures where you can find me.
• 22-27: Course coordinator, Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG), Salt Lake City
• 4: Midwest Genealogy Center, Blue Springs, Missouri
• 7-9: 6th Forensic Genealogy Institute, CAFG, San Antonio Texas
• 11: Tulsa City-County Public Library, Oklahoma
• 18: Saline County Public Library, Benton, Arkansas
• 22: Legacy Family Tree webinar, “Picture This: Images You Can Freely Use”
• 1: Fairfax Genealogical Society, Fairfax, Virginia
• 8: Hamilton County Genealogical Society, Winton Woods, Ohio
• 22: Bend Genealogical Society, Bend, Oregon
• 29: Tacoma-Pierce County Genealogical Society, Tacoma, Washington
• 3-5: New Zealand Society of Genealogists, Auckland, New Zealand
• 11-13: Midwestern African American Genealogical Institute, Fort Wayne, Indiana
• 14: Genealogical Institute on Federal Records, National Archives, Washington, D.C.
• 17-21: Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh, LaRoche College
• 24-28: Institute of Genealogy & Historical Research, Athens, Georgia
• 1: Lecturer, “Researching Family in Pennsylvania” course, Historical Society of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
• 9: Legacy Family Tree webinar, “A Taxing Matter: Using Tax Lists in Genealogy”
• 27: DC Society of the Continental Society Daughters of Indian Wars, Potomac, Maryland
• 30-2 Sep: FGS 2017 Conference, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
• 19: BCG-Legacy Family Tree webinar, “The Law and the Reasonably Exhaustive (Re)Search”