Father’s Day DNA sales
One week from today — Sunday, June 20th — it’s Father’s Day in the United States.
And you know what that means.
Yep: DNA kits are on sale.
The following prices are US prices, but many offers may also be available internationally, so check the websites in your country for more information about international sales. Most sale prices are good through next Sunday, Father’s Day — and, presented in reverse alphabetical order (have to be fair, y’know, and not always have the As before the Zs):
• MyHeritage DNA has its kits on sale for $59 (normally $79), and you get free shipping if you order two or more tests.
• Living DNA has its ancestry kits on sale for $79 plus shipping, down from the usual $99, its wellbeing kits for $99 plus shipping, down from the usual $129, and its ancestry and wellbeing kits for $149 plus shipping, down from the usual $179. The website says you can get free shipping if you order three or more kits. (Note: As usual, there’s no expiration date shown on the website.)
• Family Tree DNA offers full range of genealogical DNA tests, and both autosomal and YDNA tests are on sale:
• The Family Finder autosomal test, usually $79, is on sale for $59.
• For YDNA, the sale price for the basic 37-marker YDNA test, usually $119, is $109; the 111-marker test, usually $249, is priced at $219; and the Big Y-700 test, usually $449, is sale-priced at $399. If you’ve already done some YDNA testing but want more, there are discounts on upgrade prices as well, ranging from $10-40 off depending on the test — check the website for details.
• Kits at Ancestry DNA are now $59 on sale, down from the usual $99. For just $1 more, you can get a three-month World Explorer membership to go along with the DNA test. And for $69, you can get the DNA kit and the personal traits feature.
• At 23andMe, the sale price is $79 for its ancestry and traits kit, usually priced at $99, $149 for its health and ancestry kit, usually priced at $199 (and a second kit for $99, so $248 if you order two), and membership (providing some exclusive features to health and ancestry testers) is on sale for $9.99.
So if you’ve been on the fence because of the cost, now’s the time to jump in the DNA testing pool.
The water’s just fine…
Cite/link to this post: Judy G. Russell, “For the next week…,” The Legal Genealogist (https://www.legalgenealogist.com/blog : posted 13 June 2021).