Act fast for these deals
There’s a whole host of Black Friday DNA sales going on today and — in some cases –for the next few days.
So if you’re even thinking about diving in or adding onto your cousin pool this year, consider these — and act fast. These are all short-term sale prices.
The following prices are US prices, but many offers may also be available internationally, so check the websites in your country for more information about international sales — and, presented in expiration order:
• MyHeritage DNA has its kits on sale for $39 (normally $79), and you get free shipping if you order two or more tests. This is the tale end of its Fall sale, and these prices end at midnight tonight.
• At 23andMe, the sale price is $79 for its ancestry and health traits kit, usually priced at $99, $99 for its health and ancestry kits, usually priced at $199, and $399 for its VIP health and ancestry kit, usually $499. You can also score a 50%-off deal on the health and ancestry kit if you give them your email address. The sales price is good through November 29, and is the same as its Fall sale that ended just days ago.
• Kits at Ancestry DNA are now $49 on sale, down from the usual $99. The sale price is good through November 30. That’s $10 less than the Fall sale price.
• Family Tree DNA offers full range of genealogical DNA tests, including YDNA tests for the direct paternal line and mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) tests for exploring the direct maternal line — all on sale through December 1:
• The Family Finder autosomal test, usually $79, is on sale for $49, $10 less than its Fall sale.
• For YDNA, the prices are the same as the Fall sale, with the basic 37-marker YDNA test, usually $119, on sale for $99, the 111-marker test, usually $249, priced at $199, and the Big Y-700 test, usually $449, sale priced at $379. If you’ve already done some YDNA testing but want more, there are great upgrade prices as well — check the website for details.
• On the maternal line side, the full mtDNA sequence test, usually $159, is on sale for $139, same as the Fall sale.
• Living DNA has its ancestry kits on sale for $59 plus shipping, down from the usual $99, and its ancestry and wellbeing kits for $89 plus shipping, down from the usual $189. The website says you can get free shipping if you order three or more kits. As usual, there’s no expiration date shown on the website, but some reports say it’s good through December 2 so this is a continuation of its Fall sale.
Cite/link to this post: Judy G. Russell, “Black Friday DNA sales,” The Legal Genealogist (https://www.legalgenealogist.com/blog : posted 27 Nov 2020).