Speaking out in 2018
The Legal Genealogist is quite certain that it will come as a great surprise to everyone out there.
You would never ever have guessed that … well … I like to talk about genealogy.
I know, I know. Such a shocking revelation.1
Can’t help it — with my most of my family tending to roll their eyes when I even say the word genealogy, I have to have an outlet someplace. And I got hooked on having people laugh at my jokes during all those years of teaching law students.2
Fortunately, if there’s one thing I’ve learned in my years as a genealogist, it’s that genealogists like to listen — and learn — and share stories.
And I’m privileged to have been chosen to speak to — and learn from — and share stories with some excellent genealogists coming up throughout 2018.
So if you’re of a mind to come out and listen — and learn — and share with me your stories, too, here are some options: conferences, seminars and lectures where you can find me.
• 3: North Carolina Genealogical Society, “Courting North Carolina” Webinar
• 8: Wabash Valley Genealogical Society, Records Access Webinar
• 21-26: Course coordinator, Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG), Salt Lake City
• 7: McHenry County Genealogical Society, Crystal Lake, Illinois
• 10-12: Midwest African-American Genealogical Institute, Fort Wayne, Indiana
• 13-14: South Carolina Genealogical Society, Columbia, South Carolina
• 16-20: Genealogical Institute on Federal Records, National Archives, Washington, D.C.
• 23-27: Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh, LaRoche College
• 31: “Researching Family in Pennsylvania” course, Historical Society of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
• 22-25: FGS 2018 Conference, Fort Wayne, Indiana
• 13: Central Jersey Genealogical Club, Trenton, New Jersey