Conference opens today
Yes, Family Tree University’s Fall 2012 Virtual Conference got underway at 9 a.m. today.
No, you haven’t missed it.
You can register today, or tomorrow, or Sunday, and still get the benefit of all of the video presentations offered during the conference.
But of course you don’t want to wait too long, because there are live chats today, tomorrow and Sunday. And you particularly want to make sure you register before 2 p.m. EDT tomorrow…koff koff… when The Legal Genealogist will be hosting one of the chat sessions, and taking your questions on researching courthouse records.
So what’s being offered as part of the Fall 2012 Virtual Conference?
The three-day sit-at-home-in-your-jammies conference offers 15 video presentations organized into three tracks:
Genealogy Technology Track
• Power Up Your Web Searches, with Thomas MacEntee.
• Scanning Secrets, with Denise May Levenick.
• Smarter Online Census Searching, with Diana Crisman Smith.
• Best Websites for Finding Historical Maps, with Lisa Louise Cooke.
• Tricks for Using FamilySearch.org, with Thomas MacEntee.
Research Strategies track
• Secrets to Tracing Female Ancestors, with Lisa A. Alzo
• Finding Land Records Online, with Diana Crisman Smith
• Research Logs for the Rest of Us, with Thomas MacEntee
• Paperless Pedigrees: Organizing Your Genealogy Electronically, with Denise May Levenick
• Top 10 Tools for Social History, with Gena Philibert-Ortega
Ethnic Research Track
• Using UK Civil Registrations, with Rick Crume
• Mastering German Place Names, with James M. Beidler
• Canadian Immigration Records, with Lisa A. Alzo
• Cook Up Answers About Immigrant Ancestors, with Gena Philibert-Ortega
• Tracing Irish Ancestors in Griffith’s Valuation, with Rick Crume
Live Chat Schedule
FTU instructor and Clue Wagon blogger Kerry Scott is on call as conference supermoderator — joining in on message board discussions and live chats all weekend. And she’ll be hosting three chats:
• Today, the topic is Discussing Source Documentation.
• Tomorrow, the topic is Best Genealogy Tablet Apps.
• And Sunday, she’ll be hosting the Sunday Brunch Free-For-Fall.
And there are three other chats scheduled that are open to all conference registrants:
• Today, at 2 p.m. EDT/ 1 p.m. CDT/ noon MDT/ 11 a.m. PDT, Thomas McEntee hosts a discussion on Choosing a Cloud Genealogy Program.
• Tomorrow, at 2 p.m. EDT/ 1 p.m. CDT/ noon MDT/ 11 a.m. PDT, you can join me for a discussion of Researching Courthouse Records.
• And Sunday, at 4 p.m. EDT/ 3 p.m. CDT/ 2 p.m. MDT/ 1 p.m. PDT, Lisa Alzo will host Share Your Stumpers: Ideas for Your Brick-Wall Problems.
Hope to “see” you this weekend!