Registration closes May 15
Time is running to join the fun online with NGS 2020 Live!, the virtual conference of the National Genealogical Society for 2020.
Registration for the livestreamed event closes Friday, May 15, and this is an event you don’t want to miss.
First, on Wednesday, May 20, from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET, there will be one full day of livestreamed presentations, with online chat during each session and a short Q&A after each session. The livestreamed presentations will include:
• “Validating Unsourced Online Information,” presented by Thomas W. Jones, PhD, CG, FASG, FNGS, FUGA
• “Breaker Boys and Spinner Girls: Child Labor Laws and Their Records,” presented by yours truly, Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL
• “Echoes of the Women Who Have Gone Before—Celebrating Women’s Suffrage,” a history of women’s suffrage presented by award-winning storyteller Steffani Raff
• “Turning Witnesses into Evidence,” presented by Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL, FASG, FNGS, FUGA
• “What If? Learning About DNA Through Case Studies,” presented by Blaine T. Bettinger, PhD, JD
And there’s more during the day — product sessions from the Platinum Sponsors (“What’s New on Ancestry” with Crista Cowan; “What’s New on FamilySearch” with Ron Tanner; and “DNA Testing—It’s Not Just Ethnicity” with Janine Cloud of Family Tree DNA); the NGS Awards program; more than 15 drawings for genealogy-related prizes…
But you have to be registered by May 15th to participate in NGS 2020 Live! and have a chance to win the prizes.
Registration options for NGS 2020 Live! are in three flavors, and every registration brings a number of on-demand presentations to be available this summer. The options are: light package (livestreamed plus 10 of your choice on demand, plus 18 sponsored sessions), $150 for NGS members and $185 for non-members; full package (livestreamed plus 20 on demand, plus 18 sponsored sessions), $215 for NGS members and $250 for non-members; and the works package (livestreamed plus 45 on demand, plus 18 sponsored sessions), $395 for NGS members and $430 for non-members.
There’s more information on the registration packages page, and you can now review the entire list of the more than 85 on-demand lectures to choose from, as well as the sponsored sessions included in all packages.
But you remember that key point, right?
If you want to sit in on the livestreamed presentations, chat with the speakers, maybe ask a question or two, and have a chance at winning some goodies, you have to be registered by May 15th.
Don’t miss out.
Cite/link to this post: Judy G. Russell, “NGS 2020 Live! Deadline,” The Legal Genealogist (https://www.legalgenealogist.com/blog : posted 12 May 2020).