Speaking out in 2020
The Legal Genealogist continues to be quite certain that it will come as a great surprise to everyone out there.
No-one before this moment would never ever have guessed that … well … I like to talk about genealogy.
I know, I know. Such a shocking revelation.1
Can’t help it — with most of my family tending to roll their eyes when I even say the word genealogy, I have to have an outlet somewhere. And I got hooked on having people laugh at my jokes during all those years of teaching law students.2
Fortunately, if there’s one thing I’ve learned in my years as a genealogist, it’s that genealogists like to listen — and learn — and share stories.
And I’m privileged to have been chosen to speak to — and learn from — and share stories with some excellent genealogists coming up throughout 2020.
So if you’re of a mind to come out and listen — and learn — and share with me your stories, too, here are some options: conferences, seminars and lectures where you can find me.
• 12-17: Course coordinator and instructor, Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG), Salt Lake City
• 20-24: Instructor, SLIG Academy, Salt Lake City
• 25: Genealogical Society of Palm Beach County (Florida), winter program, West Palm Beach
• 27: South Bend Area (Indiana) Genealogical Society, webinar
• 31: Family Tree Webinars, webinar
• 4: Minnesota Genealogical Society, webinar
• 7: DNA Genealogy Group of Long Island, Sachem Public Library
• 8: Monmouth County Genealogy Society
• 21: Delaware Genealogical Society, Wilmington
• 28: Harford County Public Library, Annual Genealogy Conference, Bel Air
• 4: St. Louis Genealogical Society, Maryland Heights
• 18: Sonoma County Genealogical Society, Santa Rosa, California
• 24-25: Tacoma-Pierce County Genealogical Society, Tacoma, Washington
• 29-May 2: Ohio Genealogical Society Conference, Sandusky
• Apr 29-May 2: Ohio Genealogical Society Conference, Sandusky
• 9: Italian Genealogical Group, Bethpage, New York
• 20-24: NGS 2020 Conference, Salt Lake City
• 30: Capital District Genealogical Society, Albany, New York
• 6: North Hills (PA) Genealogists, evening session at GRIP II, LaRoche College
• 7: Instructor, Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh, LaRoche College
• 8-9: Midwest African-American Genealogical Institute, Fort Wayne, Indiana
• 10-11: Michigan Genealogical Council, Abrams Foundation Family History Seminar, Lansing
• 13-17: Instructor, Genealogical Institute on Federal Records, National Archives, Washington, D.C.
• 26-31: Course coordinator and instructor, Institute of Genealogy & Historical Research, Athens, Georgia
• 2-6: FGS 2020 Conference, Kansas City, Missouri
• 7-28: Personal research trip, Germany
• 3: South Central Pennsylvania Genealogical Society, York
• 9-10: Minnesota Genealogical Society, North Star Conference, St. Louis Park
• 11: BCG Board Meeting, Salt Lake City (attending)
• 17: Mid-Atlantic Germanic Society, Maryland
• 23: Family Tree Webinars, webinar
Cite/link to this post: Judy G. Russell, “Looking ahead: 2020,” The Legal Genealogist (https://www.legalgenealogist.com/blog : posted 3 Jan 2020).