Come join us!
It’s called Genealogy NOW! – an all-day seminar in San Luis Obispo, California, on February 1, 2014.
But it really should be called Genealogy WOW!
Think about it: vendors, a raffle with prizes (there’s a one-year Ancestry.com Deluxe subscription up for grabs), freebies, snacks, and a whole day of focusing on “New Millennium Skills to Grow Your Family Tree.”
And it’s all in a place where (sez The Legal Genealogist from her still-frigid east coast base) it’s warm.
Doesn’t get much better than that.
Genealogy NOW! is sponsored by the San Luis Obispo County Genealogical Society, and it’ll be held at the San Luis Obispo United Methodist Church. Onsite registration starts at 8 a.m. (and there will be snacks!) and the festivities get underway at 9 a.m.
Preregistration has its benefits: although everybody who attends will get the syllabus, anybody who preregisters — even if you can’t make it that day — will get a copy of the syllabus in PDF format.
There are some great speakers in the line-up: Sharon Hoyt, my friend and classmaste from the National Institute of Genealogical Research at the National Archives some years ago; Geoff Rasmussen of Legacy Family Tree who does such a great job running its free webinar series; and… and… and… who’s the third speaker?
Oh yeah! Me!
Here’s the line-up:
SHARON HOYT, MLIS, Professional Genealogist
• What a Story! Genealogical Sources and Family Legends
• I can’t find my Wollet! Online Search Tools and Tips
• “Went West to Parts Unknown”: Family Research In The Upper Midwest
• “It is presumed that he never married:” Discovering an Extraordinary Life
GEOFFREY D. RASMUSSEN, Legacy Family Tree
• Digital Images for Genealogists and Technologists – Restore, Organize, Preserve, Share
• Cemeteries Go Digital
• Organizing, Planning, Sharing, Mapping, and Sourcing with Legacy
• What’s New in Legacy 8
JUDY G. RUSSELL, JD, CG, CGL, The Legal Genealogist
• “No Person Shall…Gallop Horses in the Streets” – Using Court Records to tell the Story of our Ancestors’ Lives
• Who, What, Why, When, Where, and How of American Divorce
• Through the Golden Door: Immigration After the Civil War
• Polls, Personality, and Property: Making Sense of Tax Lists
It’s a great way to begin to make good on that resolution to learn more about your family. So come on out and join us!