Welcoming Martin

Welcome to baby Martin!

It’s a darned good thing that Saturdays are reserved for The Legal Genealogist‘s family around here, because BOY do I want to sing out!

Just 11 months ago we welcomed a new nephew by marriage into the family when my niece Gina married the love of her life David in a fairy-tale wedding.

And yesterday we got the news that they’ve given us the newest member of the family! My newest grand nephew!

Martin Evan is just about the most beautiful thing we ever laid eyes on.

David, Gina and Martin

He is the first grandchild for my brother Evan and my much loved sister-by-marriage Judith, and the first nephew for Gina’s brother Tim — who, I’m sure, considers him a personal birthday present (Tim’s birthday is tomorrow).

Welcome, welcome, welcome, baby Martin!

(And yes, of course, I’ve already added him to the database…)

This entry was posted in My family. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Welcoming Martin

1. Mary Ann Thurmond says:

Congratulations, greatest aunt of all time!! In December my son-in-law, Bruce’s, sister had twin girls and what a delight it is to have tiny ones in the family again! My youngest grandchild is 7 so I was missing having babies in the family, although I’m not “ready” for great grands yet since my oldest grand is only 17!

Thanks so much, Mary Ann! The youngest in our family — little Martin’s youngest second cousin — is already almost a year old, and the next youngest starts kindergarten this fall, so we were sure ready for another little one! 7 pounds, three ounces, and 19″. What a cutie!

2. Greetings Judy,
    Congratulations! Martin is adorable, and Mom looks great. As much fun as it is to add data about our deceased ancestors into our databases, there is a particular thrill one experiences in adding information about our living family.

You are SO right about that particular thrill, Kathryn! We are all so very grateful that he’s here and healthy!

3. Louise Hanson says:

Congratulations to Mom and Dad, and also to you, grand aunt. It is so wonderful to be able to see our family tree grow with wonderful new additions. As each is born, a new branch is budding out. Our first great granddaughter turned 1 year old on May 1st and we are expecting our first great grandson sometime the beginning of July. And our tree grows in California. Blessings to each of you.

Thanks, Louise, and congratulations on the growth of your tribe! Isn’t it wonderful… sigh…

4. Debi Austen says:

Congratulations to everyone – he sure is a cutie! And he looks much, much bigger than 7 pounds, 3 ounces.

Thanks, Debi! He does look bigger… but his grandmom reports those are the official stats, and it would take someone far braver than I am to even contemplate contradicting a new grandmom!

5. Absolutely beautiful family!! Congrats on the new Grand Nephew!!!

6. What a beautiful family! Mom looks so pretty, a great family photo. It makes want to cuddle a baby! Congratulations!

Doesn’t Mom look terrific? And Dad is so proud he’s about to burst his buttons. Sigh… and Martin is sooooooo cuddle-able!

7. Congratulations! You can never have too many grand nephews!

8. How beautiful Martin is. Oh my goodness. And also beautiful and splendid are the smiles on the faces of his parents.