Are you up?
Good. Because registration for the 2014 Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy opens at 9 a.m. Mountain Daylight Time (that’s 11 a.m. eastern, 10 a.m. Central and 8 a.m. Pacific).
The week-long institute, offering a wide variety of courses for genealogists at all levels, will be held at the Radisson Hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah on January 13-17, 2014. Registration for the courses usually fills up fast.
So… if you’re up, and awake, and semi-functional, you need to head over to the Utah Genealogical Association website and get yourself registered for the course of your choice.
Here are your options:
American Research and Records: Focus on Families
Paula Stuart-Warren, CG, FUGA
New York Research
Karen Mauer Green, CG
• I’m teaching a session on New York courts in this course
Research in the South
J. Mark Lowe, CG
Advanced Research Tools: Land Records
Richard G. Sayre, CG and Pamela Boyer Sayre, CG, CGL
• I’m teaching a session on the law of the land in this course
Credentialing: Accreditation, Certification, or Both?
Apryl Cox, AG and Elissa Scalise Powell, CG, CGL
• I’m teaching a session on the KDP requirement for BCG certification in this course
Producing a Quality Family Narrative
John Philip Colletta Ph.D., FUGA
Researching in Eastern Europe
Kory Meyerink, AG
Advanced Evidence Analysis Practicum
Angela McGhie and Kimberly Powell
Advanced Genealogical Methods
Thomas Jones Ph.D., CG, CGL, FASG, FUGA, FNGS
• I’m teaching a session on using law to solve complex questions in this course
Judith Hansen, AG, MLS
Steps to Register
Again, you register by heading to the Utah Genealogical Association website. Once registration opens, a SLIG 2014 Registration menu item will appear in the list on the left side of the website. Registration for UGA members is $375, and if you log-in as a member before you try to register, you’ll automatically be charged the reduced rate. For non-UGA members, it’s $425 — but if you go ahead and join UGA at the same time (it’s only $35 and there are great member benefits!) you’ll get the registration difference refunded.
Ste-by-step, registration goes like this:
• Login as a member by clicking “Members Area” on the menu to the left (skip this step if registering as a non-UGA-member)
• Click the menu link “SLIG 2014 Registration” in the menu to the left. It will not appear until June 1, 2013 at 9:00 AM (Mountain Time).
• Fill in your personal information (this will mostly be prepopulated if you are logged in as a member)
• Choose a track–remember you take this track all week
• Click submit (if nothing happens you’ve left a required field blank)
• Choose pay by check or pay by PayPal (you do not need to have a PayPal account to pay via PayPal)
See you in January!